1. Love is more than a feeling. It’s a recognition and connection with the true being of another person.
2. Don’t substitute love for the satisfaction of your needs.
3. Love means giving, satisfaction means receiving. Substituting the two is a sure path to trouble.
4. To truly love another person is possible only for someone who knows and loves him/herself.
5. When you love someone, that someone doesn’t belong to you. Quite the contrary: you belong to her/him!
6. Jealousy is a part of fear, not love. Recognize this and try to replace jealousy with the opposite feeling: compersion.
7. Each love is a precious and valuable experience. Don’t give up or reject any.
8. Just like in other aspects of life, only one way of doing things – the socially accepted practice of serial monogamy – should be supplemented by a range of different relationship possibilities.